Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Recap

So this weekend went by quickly but I also got a lot of stuff crammed into it, so I guess that is good.  Friday night, I did not really have plans per say, but I ended up going over to my friend, Anna's house to hang out for a bit. We had some girl talk, pizza, ice cream, and down time.  It was fabulous!  Anna and I have both been focusing a little less on planning and a little more on being able to do things spontaneously and it was so great to be able to spot by spontaneously to see her!  Afterward, I went home, loaded up the truck and headed to CJ's to unload the last bits for the yard sale.  Kathryn, CJ and I then went around and set up signs and crashed about 11pm...I WAS TIRED!  Then we were up at 6am to start pulling everything out for the yard sale (what can I say, I have AWESOME friends!)  The sale was not supposed to start until 8am, but we had PLENTY of people show up before the start time...including one guy there at 6:45 to look at my records.

All in all, it was a beautiful day and a productive day.  I got rid of a bunch of stuff and made $330 in the process.  Not too shabby!  Saturday afternoon was spent packing up, taking a trip to Goodwill, then home to crash on the couch for a bit before a cookout for dinner!  I then headed home and was in bed by 9:30.  Sunday I was up bright and early--we are talking 6am!  So I had plenty of time to do stuff around the house before I even left for church at 9am.  After church, CJ and I headed up to Lake Anna to meet up with my mom and dad, who were already there, to celebrate Father's Day!  We relaxed and enjoyed the sun (mom and I got a nice tan, CJ got a bit of a burn).  Sunday night I made dinner at the Lake--BBQ Pork Sandwiches, cole slaw, pasta salad and Strawberry Angel food cake for dessert (thanks CJ)!

On our way back to Richmond, we were on Route 33, so CJ and I agreed it would be fun to surprise our friend, Elaine.  So we showed up at her house about 8:20pm and rang the doorbell about 10 times before she answered with wet hair, apparently she was in the shower...WHOOPS!  But we all chatted for a bit and then headed home.  Great weather for a great weekend.  Needless to say there was not much time for reading so I have been on the slow side of reading lately, but I think I should be able to pick up this week some cause I have a few things after work so I generally take time to read between work and my plans.  Then this coming weekend I am headed to the Chesapeake Bay for a nice relaxing weekend!  I CANNOT WAIT!

Happy Monday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment